"Success is nothing more than a few simple disciplines, practiced every day."
– Jim Rohn -
Financial Coaching | Risk Management | Wealth Creation
As a Certified Financial Planner, Brent has been working in the Financial Services Industry since 2001. He holds a Post Graduate Diploma in Financial Planning and received the South African Council Award for Taxation in 2002. After working at Old Mutual for over six years Brent founded the Flagstone Group in 2007.
CLIENT LIAISON & OFFICE MANAGER
Natalie has been assisting Brent achieve the high levels of service their clients have come to expect since 2003. Without her dedication to absolute client satisfaction, the Flagstone Group would not be where it is today.
"Most people don't plan to fail, they fail to plan."
– John L Beckley -
Our commitment to our clients is to provide honest and appropriate financial advice for their individual and business circumstances. By employing the services of specialists in their field we are able to provide the highest levels of advice and service in the following areas...
Managing what you earn is often more important than how much you earn. From understanding your personal psychology of money to creating a Budget, getting out of debt and designing an Investment Plan, a Financial Coach will help you on your journey to financial freedom.
We have developed a structured Financial Coaching program that covers:
- The Psychology of Money
- Living a Balanced & Fulfilled Life
- Financial Management
- Risk Management
- Wealth Creation
You work hard for your money and deserve to have it properly invested and looked after. With so many options to choose from (Money Market, Retirement Annuities, Unit Trusts, Endowments, Property, Stock Market etc.) where do you start?
- We’ve been managing and growing our clients wealth since 2001, during some of the most volatile economic periods in history!
- We only use South Africa’s most reputable Fund Managers!
- In addition to traditional investments, we believe that investment property (buy to Let) should be an important part of your portfolio and will advise you in this regard!
SHORT TERM INSURANCE
Remove the Middle Man at your peril! A good Short Term Insurance Broker will ensure that you are correctly covered, paying an appropriate premium for your situation and fight for you when an underwriter is refusing to settle a claim.
- We are Independent! That means we have contracts with all of South Africa’s top Short Term Insurance companies.
- We can provide comparative quotes and save you money!
- We are the Middleman and work for you! This means we’ll use all our knowledge and experience in the industry to make sure your claims are settled.
Did you know that on average of every 4 days you work, 1 of them is for the government! We all have to pay tax but why pay more than you need to? A professional Tax Consultant can help structure your income and expenses to legally minimize the amount of tax you have to pay.
- We have done the leg work for you and secured the services of Tax specialists who know what they are talking about!
- We hold them accountable to the Group and can personally vouch for their advice and service through personal experience and that of our clients!
How does the thought of landing up in a state hospital sit with you? Are you sure you have the right medical cover for your personal and financial situation? Are you worried about shortfalls when the medical bills start coming in?
- Our dedicated Medical Aid specialist will help you navigate the complicated world of medical cover!
- We can help structure your medical cover to minimise shortfalls, cover the gaps and save you money!
Born free, taxed at death. Passing away can be an expensive affair and a badly structured estate can leave your loved ones with far less money than you hoped. Delays in winding up an estate can also prolong the trauma already experienced by your death.
- We will calculate all your expected Estate Expenses (Executors fees, Estate Duty, Capital Gains Tax, Conveyancing Fees and debts) so you know what will be left for your beneficiaries.
- We will advise you how best to structure you estate to minimize expenses at death!
- In association with our attorneys we can redraft your Will and set up Family and Business Trusts were necessary.
Without a Buy & Sell Agreement the beneficiaries of your business partners Will (Eg. their spouse) would be your new business partner! What would happen if an important person in your business could no longer work? These are important considerations and should be part of every businesses Risk Management Plan.
- We will draw up and implement a Buy & Sell agreement between you and your business partner(s) ensuring their share of the business goes directly to the intended shareholders and doesn’t form part of the deceased estate.
- We will ensure that any person, critical to functioning of your business, is properly covered so that in the event of death or disability funds are available for business continuity.
LIFE & DISABILITY INSURANCE
If you don’t know for sure what financial position you or your loved ones would be in if you were unable to work due to death, disability or illness, you need to speak to an independent Financial Advisor. They will be able to tell you exactly what your current situation is, develop a plan for your unique situation and provide comparative quotes from South Africa’s top Life Insurance Underwriters. Once implemented, your circumstances need to be reviewed at least once a year to ensure that your life insurance still meets your requirements.
- We are Independent! That means we have contracts with all of South Africa’s top Life Insurance companies.
- We can provide comparative quotes and save you money!
- We do not sell insurance, we provide financial advice!
- We will continually review and adjust your financial plan, ensuring that you are always correctly covered!
For Anti-Nuptial contracts, Conveyancing, drafting of Wills & Trusts and Administration of Deceased Estates, our associated attorneys have you covered. This is based on sound knowledge of qualified attorneys who are constantly applying their knowledge and skills.
- We have handpicked their services based on personal experience and that of our clients
- They are passionate about individual service.
"Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life."
– Steve Jobs -
What our clients have to say about us
"Brent is a professional financial consultant who has his clients best interests at heart , looking to save you money and give the best options to suit your personal requirements. I would highly recommend his services to any person who needs sound financial advice and wants to put their money to the best use."
- Glenda Ingram - Owner, West Beach Travel
"A very worthwhile, helpful and enlightening course which I frequently recommend to my clients!" (on financial coaching)
- Margueritte Steppe - Career Coach
"I attended a series of coaching sessions with Brent in 2009 and while I wasn't totally sure I was going to benefit much from it, it was clear how wrong I was from the first session. You won't know how much you need this until you've done it! I was impressed by how much I learnt from it, and am still applying the knowledge every day. Anyone, from business owners to employees, will seriously benefit from it... It's a pleasure to do business with Brent, and I recommend his services to everyone. I have sent a number of people to see him and they all have glowing accounts about what he did for them!"
- Retha van Staaden - Social Media Facilitator | Online Marketing Consultant | Network Facilitator | Public Speaker
"I have just done your financial management course, and can honestly say the info is invaluable - some things you'd think are obvious, but you've never heard it put quite that way, and it just makes sense! Great job! Thanks for a very enlightening course!"
- Janis Van Der Laan - Sales Consultant
"Flagstone has added a whole new dimension to my financial planning, enabling me to achieve goals I thought was impossible, and continues to provide valuable insight and innovation."
- Anton Peters - Buying Manager, Woolworths
"A penny saved is a penny earned."
- Benjamin Franklin -